As solar electricity generation rapidly advances in Canada, so too are the innovative power electronics that interface between the grid, photovoltaic modules, inverters, energy storage and distribution-connected electrical loads. This pre-conference workshop at Solar Canada 2019 will provide attendees with an understanding of: the current and future standards for solar electricity and energy storage equipment and grid-integration thereof (including the revised standard for the Interconnection of Distributed Resources C22.3 No.09); and how inverter-based generation is evolving to play an integral role in the smart-grid of the future.
Presenters will include:
- Ed Knaggs, Vice President, HES PV
- Mohsen Sepehr, Project Manager – Electrical Standards, CSA Group
- Gary Thompson, Supervisor, Engineering, Generation, Planning & System Studies, Toronto Hydro
- Dave Turcotte, Research Officer, Integration of Renewable & Distributed Energy Resources, CanMET Energy
- Brian A McMillan, P. Eng., President and Chief Engineer, McMillan Distribution Engineering (presenting on behalf of NRCan)
The agenda will be as follows:
2:30 – 3:00 Introduction to Solar PV standards in Canada
3:00 – 3:45 Introduction to Energy Storage standards in Canada
3:45 – 5:00 Introduction of Interconnection of Distributed Resources Standard (C22.3 No.09)
Workshops are available to Full Conference Registrants & to Trade Show Registrants with Workshop Upgrade Registration. Registration hours are from 9:00am to 6:00pm. All workshops will take place in the Arabian Room. Light refreshments will be served at Workshops. Lunch will not be served at Workshops.